Hello, how are you my friends? Hope all is well as I write tonight’s blog…
So, as I write this, I will first let you know that I may not write a blog for at least a week as I prepare to focus on a final paper on a passage in the book of Micah for my class on the OT Prophets this week. Yep, another class is about to end and that will be one more down with five more to go…if I get a chance, maybe i’ll pop in and write a few notes about the final as I discover the Lord’s lessons in this study…
Anyway, as I go through this journey of earning a degree towards a Master in Pastoral Care, I have been hit with a few bumps in terms of my own health and even my husband’s health, which have forced me to cut back my hours at the church but I won’t give it up. I almost did but God reminded me that He wanted me there and opened my eyes to another option of cutting back hours, which I have, as I face the bumps in my journey.
- Bump 1: As for my health, I won’t go into details but earlier this year I was finally diagnosed with diabetes and began treatment. Currently its just taking a med twice a day as my condition is monitored. This has forced me to watch what I eat and focus more on natural ways to heal my body. For the most part, I’m controlling it.
- Bump 2: Then, throughout the course of getting routine checkups, a biopsy has occurred with the results to be on the lookout for a concern and be treated for it…no its not the c word, yet, praise the Lord and praising the Lord that it won’t become the c word.
- Bump 3: Another routine test confirmed a suspicion – I have partial hearing loss…it took 20 years until I finally got a doctor to really listen and have me tested. IF something is not right, be persistent with doctors. Yet, I need to be tested for something else to explain the physical reason why I have partial hearing loss (thought it was from either getting hit by a baseball plus construction at work at the time). Even need expensive hearing aids! But praising the Lord that He’s in control…
- Bump 4: Finally, yet another issue has been hitting my body that has led to the discovery of low iron and hemoglobin levels – yet another round of tests coming up…yes, I’m still praising the Lord!
- Bump 5: My husband has been having circulation problems again and this next week he will be having an angiogram on his hip to determine the extent of lack of blood flow in his right stump…yet I’m still praising the Lord.
Well, to be honest, I haven’t always been praising the Lord – over the course of the last several days, I’ve had my scary moments and even questioned why the Lord would send me on the journey to get a degree in ministry, only to have my health be attacked like this. Yet, I continue to praise Him even in the scary times and sought both His comfort and the comfort of my husband’s arms and strong encouraging words.
I’ve felt alone because I’ve asked for prayer from people and not getting much response…yet I still praise the Lord and I will still pray for people. Though the storm clouds seem dark right now, I know the Son is still shining and HE is in control.
Suggestion: Be there for people as they are going through a rough time…even if you don’t know what to say or do, just a simple I’m praying for you will work. Being silent only makes the person(s) think you don’t care and the storm clouds seem darker. Yet that person(s) knows they still have Jesus at their side.
Finally, no questions tonight, but just a wrap up…even if you are still silent with people, you are still loved…as we continue to praise the Lord and put our trust in Him.